Avoid mounting your InstaHANGER product in high foot traffic areas
- The standard rod height is 66″ (168 cm) measured from the floor. This height allows hanging of full length garments.
- Model AH12 The top screw for the base section should be exactly 9″ (23 cm) above the desired rod height. So, for the standard rod height, the top screw should be 75″ (190 cm) from the floor.
- The right & left positions of the base section should be at least 12″ (30cm) from any obstructions. If mounting near a door, open the door to determine the space it takes when fully opened.
NOTE: PROPER INSTALLATION IS ESSENTIAL. Please Read all instructions before proceeding.
- Establish a mounting location within the guidelines as described on this Installation Template.
- Using a pencil NOT a pen, draw a LIGHT vertical reference line through the center of the selected mounting location.
- Tape the template to the mounting surface such that the reference line passes through the exact center of the template at an established height.
- Pierce template with a screw to mark top & bottom screw locations. Install screw anchors (if necessary) as outlined in the Easy Install Guide.
- Partially install screws into wall surface leaving half of screw shaft exposed.
- Set InstaHanger on the wall by aligning the mounting slots of the unit with the mounting screws & allow the unit to slip down to resting position.
- Remove the end of the hanging rod from base section for full access to upper mounting screw head(s).
- Pull cover up, slide the rod up & out of the entry slot of the molded sliding channel.
- Tighten screws snugly. Do not over tighten.
- Reinsert end of hanging rod into entry slot of base section. You’re DONE!
Easy Install Guide
Installation in Masonry block, Brick, Concrete, & Solid Plaster – Drill 1/4″ diameter holes 1 1/2″ deep minimum, with masonry drill bit. Install 1 plastic plug in each mounting hole by tapping in until flush with surface of wall before installing with two 1 3/4″ wood screws. Tools Needed – measuring tape, pencil, drill, 1/4″ masonry bit, & #2 Philips screw driver. Carpenter’s level is optional.
Installation in Wood or Drywall over Solid Wall Stud – Pre-drill 7/64″ pilot holes at marked locations before installing with two 1 3/4″ wood screws. Tools Needed – measuring tape, pencil, drill, 7/64″ drill bit, & #2 Philips screwdriver. Carpenter’s level is optional. Installation in Drywall (Hollow Wall) Use two 1 3/4″ wood screws & follow hollow wall plastic anchor instructions below. Plastic hollow wall anchors are for 1/2″ thick drywall ONLY. Tools Needed – Measuring tape, pencil, drill, 5/16″ drill bit, # 2 Philips screwdriver. Carpenter’s level is optional.
Plastic Toggle (Hollow Wall) Instructions
- Drill 5/16″ hole. Squeeze toggle together & push into hole.
- Tap until flush with wall.
- Partially install screws leaving half of screw shaft exposed.
Tips for Finding Wall Studs
Tap the walls with your knuckles. A deep hollow sound indicates space behind the wall. A higher pitched sound indicates a stud. Look for nails at the TOPS of baseboards as they are usually nailed into studs. Pierce small pilot holes above baseboard until you find a stud. On drywall or wood walls, look carefully for nails, seams, screws. Use an electronic or magnetic stud finder. Once you find the center of a stud, simply measure left or right in 16″ or 24″ increments to find the centres of adjacent studs.